Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gardening Prizes


Here are a few of some of my prizes from my garden. If you have any prizes or comments, please send them to me.




I would like to tell you what I am working on this year. First, I am growing a Big Zac tomato. From my research I think it is one of the largest varieties to grow. Second, I am seeing if I can get a tomato plant to reach at least 10 feet. I am trying all kinds of things, so I will keep you posted. This morning I noticed a few strawberries on the plants, so I guess that I need to put up the chicken wire to keep the birds out. I am also working on more rain barrels to catch all the good rain water. I know some people are worried about mosquitoes. You can put screen or a lid on top of the barrel. A friend puts minnows in his barrels to eat all the mosquito larve that swim in the water and uses some of the minnows for fishing too. On my barrel I made an overflow so once one gets filled it will fill another. I hope some of these ideas will inspire you in your gardening efforts.

Thanks!

No comments: